Research and Development Cell (RDC) of Silapathar Science College, Dhemaji, Assam
The Research and Development (R&D) Cell of Silapathar Science College, Dhemaji, Assam is one of the endeavours to promote the research among the faculty members and students. The College was a Research Committee to nurture research culture by promoting research in newly emerging and challenging frontier areas of Science and technology to create awareness and opportunities in Research & Development among the faculties and Students. The R&D Cell aims to achieve the Vision and Mission of the college and developing a scientific temper. It undertakes various initiatives such us promoting faculty members for writing proposals to government and agencies for projects, conducting skill development programme for students and local people based on innovation and building inter-disciplinary research activities.
Objectives of RDC
- To nurture research culture in the College by promoting research in newly emerging and challenging frontier areas of science and technology.
- To identify the requirement of budget and funding resources.
- To develop, prescribe and administer rules & regulation and procedures to ensure the compliance of all researchers to the research quality assurance framework, the research code and all the applicable rules and regulations.
- To create awareness and opportunities in Research & Development among the faculties and students.
- To create environment among the staff members to take up Research projects and improve their acquaintance, skills and credentials.
- To encourage staff members and students to publish research papers in National and reputed International Conferences/ Journals.
- To assist for applying the projects offered by agencies such as DRDO, DST, DBT, ICSSR, UGC, etc and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP on research related issues and intellectual property rights.
- To identify and establish linkages including MOUs for long term relationships with national/international research organisations, industry bodies and individual companies for widening the scope of research opportunities and funding options available to the faculty members and students of the college to involve themselves in real life research projects and obtaining sponsorships.
To be the leading research-intensive institute in the development and advancement of national and international research and technology initiatives. To be leaders in the creation of a research environment for the advancement of socially relevant research that dominates the human race stage.
To enable excellence in research and innovation by providing infrastructure and training that promotes creativity and entrepreneurship and fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. To ensure the optimal and effective use of intellectual, financial and physical resources to foster an environment of research excellence.
Subject to facilitation and its effective implementation Research and Development following members are empaneled to constitute the Research and Development Cell (RDC) of SilapatharScience College
Composition and members of the R & D Centre
- Chairperson : Dr. Ranjit Saikia, Principal, Silapathar Science College, Contact No. 9954422019, E mail: email@example.com
- Coordinator: Dr. Pabitra Sarmah, Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology, Contact No. 9957280273, E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (a) Dr. Partha Nath Dutta, HoD, Depatment of Physics, Contact No. 8638023421 Email: email@example.com
- (b) Dr. (Mrs.) Dipa Patir, HoD, Deoartment of Anthropology, Contact No. 9957883772 E. mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (c) Dr. (Mrs) Pallabi Dutta, HoD, Department of Botany, Contact No. 9954409087, E. mail: email@example.com
- (d) Dr. (Mrs.) Debajani Baruah, HoD, Department of Chemistry, Contact No. 7002171327, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (e) Dr. (Mrs.) Chandana Shyam, Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology, Contact No. 9435702531 E. mail: shyamc19380rediffmail.com
Nominees from Students:
(a) Ms. Marjana Anjum (PG Student, Department of Botany)
(b) Ms. Rimjim Barman (PG Students, Department of Zoology)