College Environment Cell, under Assam Science Technology and Environment Council (ASTEC) is established at Silapathar Science College from the session 2018-19. It will work mainly for Environment Education, Clean Environment and Biodiversity Conservation. After formation of College Environment Cell, five (5) neighbouring schools were adopted for spread of basic environment education to be provided by the faculty of the college.
Future activities of the Cell:
1. Scientific study, documentation of local flora and fauna and conservation of important plant species in the college campus and nearby areas.
2. Plantation of important plant species in public religious places.
3. Meetings, Seminars and Workshops on environment related issues that cause serious effect in our environment/society.
4. Competitions like quiz, extempore speech and debate on science and environment.
5. Awareness programmes and cleanliness drive in water bodies, river bodies, and public places etc.
6. To take up steps for plastic free college
7. Celebration of important days of science and environment of significance.
8. Development of Herbarium and museum.
9. Any other activities related to issues of Science, Technology and Environment.
We also solicit help from our well-wishers for the further development of the cell.